Sunday, March 29, 2015

Restore and Replenish

Sacred Rebels Oracle, 38 Restore and Replenish, Alana Fairchild

Today’s card, “Restore and Replenish” from the Sacred Rebels Oracle is all about  taking some time to get back on your feet again after a period of stress and anxiety or  perhaps after being worn out from the demands of daily life.
We see a woman all curled up in a fetal position, protecting the fragile parts of her body and trying to shut out the world  She is resting in the center of a mandala, the point where everything comes from and where everything will return again; the perfect place to find you center again.
This card is telling us to take it slow for a while. But it's more than just rest and sleep, which of course can feel very pleasant and satisfactory. This card urges us to break away from daily routines and try to find a way to get physically active so you will be able to stop thinking, worrying and planning. Doing something is a perfect way to quiet our mind. Take walk, ride bike or when it is pouring outside like here today, bake something delicious or clean out a closet.  Trust yourself you will know best what is the right thing for you to do.
I am inclined to go full steam ahead after I've declared myself `recovered`. So this card is  a good reminder to  take it one step at the time and really look after myself.

10 comments:

  1. I like how you included baking in your 'getting active' section :D It's raining here, too, so I stayed in and did a step aerobics workout: fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baking is my favorite "work out" :D
      I guess step aerobics is lot more strenuous!

      Delete
  2. "Finding your center" does often involve "doing," but it's action done mindfully rather than rushing through it. Glad you are taking it by steps instead of leaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I love baking: you have to weigh all the ingredients and follow the recipe. All these things require focus. :)

      Delete
  3. Love this card and a reflective post about relaxation, which is just what I am doing this quiet Sunday.
    Oh very excited to do...nothing much today! We got some snow, only a dusting, not like other parts of the province. I'm celebrating with a big bowl of Red River cereal! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love "Having nothing to do days" because you can do just whatever you want. Sundays I always visit my husband but the rest of the day is just like a real Sunday. I am glad you have less snow now. Yay! Spring is coming!!!!

      Delete
  4. When I saw this card my mind jumped back a few weeks to your Four of Swords draw and the ensuing retreat you allowed yourself. Perhaps this card is a gentle echo-reminder for you to go slowly, to filter what comes in.

    I've read along with you all week. How have you enjoyed this Oracle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too, when this card came up today
      I absolute love this deck. This Oracle is so well thought of. The theme, living an authentic life, speaks to me very much, especially now I am trying to get back on my feet again. The guidebook is beautifully written and very elaborated. and of course the artwork is so beautiful.:)

      Delete
  5. My weekend was so busy I didn't have much time to rest myself. The next couple weeks are probably going to be the same. I won't be surprised if I end up pulling the Restore and Replenish card by the end of it!
    When I need to recharge I usually settle down with a good book or watch a movie I really love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your way of settling down too. Maybe you will draw this card to remember yourself to slow down during these weeks. You are worth it to allow yourself some breathing space :)

      Delete