Monday, July 17, 2017

Six of Swords- breathing out

My card for today is the Six of Swords from the Original Rider Waite Tarot. After having taken a break from Tarot for a few days, because I have been visiting my mother, it feels only natural to jump back in again with my all time favourite deck. It feels like a baby blanket after some very busy days. I wasn’t surprised by this card at all. I see myself coming home, travelling from turbulent waters to a complete rippleless part of the lake. A perfect place to still my mind and put myself at ease. In the little child, I see my little me who needs some extra time and care right now. I am so grateful to be able to accept that expecting things only will lead to disappointment, so I’d better step up myself and mother her for while; listen to her, seeing her for who she really is and what she needs right now from me. I am positive that when we return from this safe haven we both will sit up straight again with a big smile on our face.

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes the best mother we can have is the one we are to ourselves. Nurture on, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to me, the best part of going somewhere, is coming home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me too! going away is (often) pleasant, coming home is bliss :

      Delete
  3. It has taken me many years to not expect others to take care of me. Taking care of oneself is the priority and if someone comes along and does something nice I count it as a blessing. My Mother and I had a difficult relationship and I still miss her everyday. I guess I would take the rocky waters on the one side of the boat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I would miss her a lot too. I Love her so much. It has been a long road however not to expect anything anymore. And still I do stumble now and then

      Delete
  4. Oh, how beautiful, Ellen! Your post reminds me of a Gestalt psychotherapy approach to dreams - every element is a part of you. I love how you see yourself in both the woman and the child. And my link reminds me, you are also the boatman, finding the way forward, and the boat that is a safe haven, and the land ahead :)
    Hugs, C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I thignk the boatman is my conscious acting part which keeps me going. I use the same approach in myths and fairytales which go so much deeper than just the stories we hear/read
      hugs

      Delete